Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Treadmill

Today as any other day I climbed on the treadmill filled with hope and excitement that I would hop on it and break into a graceful run as so many do at my gym ...but I am met with an apprehensive body that tells me my mind apparently thinks I am capable of more than my body can produce.  I so long to feel that runners high you hear about..but I keep walking on.  In my laziness I find that I can walk a bigger incline at the slower speed I prefer and still burn some bigger calories.  And at first I set the bar high and walk at a nice 3.0 mph ( I can do this yay and look at me go) and 2% incline and then slower...and slower.. I get to a 2.5mph and watch my (what I feel) to be terrible form in the reflection in the glass so I spend the next few minutes trying to convince my feet and knees to stop turning in and can't seem to make this happen...then a fleeting moment while I am surrounded by these magical runners I speed the belt up to 5.0mph and run..here I go I can do this I tell myself just 2 minutes then you can fall back into that pace you love so much but 30 seconds shy I can actually see my heart beating in flashes of light so I figure I should slow down so I don't produce a heart attack right then...I slow down to 3.3 mph and now that pace seems slow...yay...I completed my workout today and increased my time to a full 60 minutes including a full 1 min and 30 sec run  lol  Now don't get me wrong my slower pace with a 8% incline is a killer workout!  :-)   I know that it will get better...I also (included in this time) completed a 28 minute fat burn program on the treadmill and I haven't been able to do that with out feeling like I will fly completely off the treadmill so with that I am feeling accomplished today..I think I will go play some Wii with my 4yr old (cardio boxing) ....

As for the eating I am do well for once.  As this journey to health isn't just about the workouts...I am trying to keep portions in control and eat the right things...tonight I am making home-made pizza (yeah I know) but I am making the crust and am going to put whole wheat flour into it instead of white so see if it still tastes  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment